Nutella Protein Balls
Being at home, only steps away from the kitchen, may or may not mean that we find ourselves snacking more than usual. If this is the case it’s a good idea to at least make those snacks as healthful as possible so that at least you can be getting in lots of nutrients and fats and protein to keep you full, rather than simple sugars that won’t! So, I give you the healthy Nutella of protein balls!
1 cup Hazelnuts
1/3 cup protein (I use My Protein Vegan Blend in chocolate)
2 tbsp cacao powder
1 tbsp flax
1 tsp vanilla essence
10 dates (I use medjool)
3 tbsp date water
1. Pit and halve the dates and place them in a bowl submerged in hot water. Leave to sit for 5-10 mins
2. Meanwhile combine all the dry ingredients in a food processor until resembling a crumb like texture
3. Then add the soften dates to the food processor too. Don’t throw away the date water, add 3 tbsps of this and continue to blend.
4. The mixture should loosely come together so that when you press it, it sticks, you might need to add a few more spoons of date water.
5. Roll balls of mixture, should make about 12, then keep in the fridge
Find more recipes and give me a tag if you make them too at my Instagram @lulu.from.lulu